Title: Executive Director
Function: The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Connections of Cumberland County, Inc. and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director assumes primary leadership responsibility for the organization’s overall management and growth within the policies and guidelines established by the Board of Directors. Duties include serving as the organization’s primary spokesperson, building relationships with similar nonprofits, fundraising, demonstrated financial skills, grant writing skills, planning and overseeing office administration.
Hours: Full-time, exempt, evenings and weekends as needed.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
Fundraising and Development
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the mission and goals
- Research and meet with potential funding sources.
- Cultivate potential and existing funding sources.
- Write funding proposals and submit necessary reports.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Assist in developing a high public profile for the organization including marketing strategies and implementation.
- Undertake any public relations efforts in cooperation with the President and/or other spokespersons.
- Serve as the primary spokespersons for Connections of Cumberland County, Inc.
- Network on behalf of Connections of Cumberland County, Inc with corporations, trade associations, and other relevant institutions.
- Assist the Board in all its functions, including orientation, recruiting, communications, development and committee work.
- Coordinate all communications to Board and serve as staff liaison.
- Serve as staff support for standing committees and ad hoc committees as necessary.
- Assist the President in setting agendas and other areas as necessary.
Administrative and Personnel
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Connections of Cumberland County, Inc.
- Supervise and train all staff personnel in accordance with Personnel Policies.
- Develop annual operating plan.
- Develop policies, manuals, and materials for Board approval.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Track key metrics of services provided and people served monthly to include in ED report to board
Finance and Accounting
- Oversee and manage financial and accounting operations.
- Develop budget and work with Treasurer to develop financial and policy recommendations to the Board and Executive Committee.
- Three years of nonprofit leadership or senior management experience
- Demonstrated fundraising skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with both corporate and grassroots representatives
- Demonstrated success in building coalitions
- Visionary leadership
- Strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice and experience working with diverse groups
- Case management experience a plus
- Able to perform in a variety of settings.
- Possess valid North Carolina driver’s license and able to drive a vehicle.
- Must be able to work effectively in intermittently stressful or emergency situations.
A resume with three references plus their contact information should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org