Explanation of Services:
This is a “one-stop shop” day resource center where clients can:
- Walk in and find personalized support for meeting urgent or emerging homeless needs.
- Access a technology hub with online or paper resources for applications, use email, respond to other needs including centralized intake and information sharing involving participating agencies.
- Experience collaboration with other agencies for smoother case management and centralized intake.
- Engage in stabilization planning that can lead to sustained shelter, rapid rehousing, and employment.
- Use class space for individual and group activities (skill building, life coaching, other training).
- Find a children’s space with a safe, positive environment while women receive services.
- Access centralized meeting space for inter-agency case and program collaboration.
4 Program Areas:
Day Resource Center (DRC):
Case Management delivered in a warm, caring environment for women and children to feel safe to come in to inquire about assistance. After initial intake process, our staff assists clients with appropriate resources by collaborating with community partners. Mental Health provided through group therapy and individual counseling sessions are available weekly.This supports clients as they begin the healing process of significant trauma events in their past, allowing them to move forward and stabilize their lives and the lives of their children.
Connect 2 Re-Direct (C2R):
Clients are referred to participate in this more intensive case management program. This program provides a foundation of accountability and immediate housing opportunities for single mothers if approved for admission.
Connect 2 Internship (C2I):
Connects interns to hands-on experience. Masters level Social Work interns work at the Day Resource Center, allowing them the opportunity to experience real life cases and build their skills under CCC supervision. This learning lab program allows CCC to reduce staff costs while increasing our case management capabilities to meet high traffic at the DRC.
Connect 2 Enterprise (C2E):
The “For Goodness Sake, SHOP!” online store is a social enterprise operated by the Connect 2 Enterprise Program (C2E), developed by Connections of Cumberland County, a 501c3 non-profit organization. C2E seeks to empower women through employment. This business model is designed to generate cash flow to fund programs to improve lives of women and children experiencing homelessness.
For more information, contact us at (910) 630-0106.
Resources and Phone Numbers
Links and Resources provided here are for additional information and support. The items by no means include all web links, tools and other resources available. If items should be added, please contact us with your recommendations (click on any topic to find out more):