Volunteering at Connections can be quite rewarding. Connections relies heavily on a collaborative, volunteer-centered approach to find solutions to homelessness.
Connections has volunteer opportunities in various areas – technology, mentoring, life coaching, grant writing, fundraising, day center operations, legal, real estate, etc.
If you would like to volunteer, please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and Background Check Consent Form, both below. Complete and either mail to Connections, P.O. Box 88040, Fayetteville, NC. 28304, or scan and email to email@example.com.
Please allow for a 30-day application and review process so Connections can create an optimal experience for all involved. Also, you may call us with questions about volunteering, 910-630-0106.
- Job Descriptions for Volunteers (PDF)
- Download the Volunteer Application Form (PDF)
- Connections- Volunteer Acknowl-background checks (PDF)
You Make a Living by What You Get,
You Make a Life by What You Give.
– Author Ashe
Cash always helps for things that are critical or unanticipated needs and when other agencies do not or cannot provide for the guests.
We can always use donations for FAST bus passes that are pretty constantly needed, or to help people get certified copies of various documents for example duplicated ID cards (always a cost).
Basic capacity items
- one or two additional wireless printers
- donated laptops for the guests
- 4-5 wireless security cameras / software and a desktop pc for monitoring
- Books/dvd’s and dvd players for the youth/children in the children’s room
- Parenting skill building DVD’s, healthy child development tools that can be seen over a DVD player or television
- Healthy snacks/juices for the guests (women, children ages 1 and up to mid-adolescence)
Hygiene and daily living items
- We usually build hygiene bags for the ladies that include deodorant, shampoo/conditioner of various types to ensure diversity of hair products based on race/ethnicity
- Quick wipes, Feminine napkins/products, combs and/or brushes, hand sanitizers, skin lotions
- Pens/pads for notes and schedule tracking, small portfolios or calendars
- Many of the ladies need backpacks or valises to carry things around in
If you can help with these please connect firstname.lastname@example.org
Connections appreciates any amount of giving!
Honor and Memorial Gifts
Connections has developed an easy way to make honorarium or memorial gifts to recognize special events for your family, friends or contacts:
The following giving categories were developed for upcoming recognition opportunities.