Explanation of Services:
This is a “one-stop shop” day resource center where clients can:
- Walk in and find personalized support for meeting urgent or emerging homeless needs.
- Access a technology hub with online or paper resources for applications, use email, respond to other needs including centralized intake and information sharing involving participating agencies.
- Experience collaboration with other agencies for smoother case management and centralized intake.
- Engage in stabilization planning that can lead to sustained shelter, rapid rehousing, and employment.
- Use class space for individual and group activities (skill building, life coaching, other training).
- Find a children’s space with a safe, positive environment while women receive services.
- Access centralized meeting space for inter-agency case and program collaboration.
3 Program Areas:
- Day Resource Center with Case Management is designed to serve women and children who are homeless or facing homelessness. Our goal is to assist our clients to become safe and self-sufficient by collaborating with all homeless providers and services possible. In order to avoid duplication of services, we collaborate with our community partners to efficiently leverage available services.
- Connect-2-Redirect Program (C2R) is a supportive and comprehensive case management model with a foundation of accountability-based practices. Through C2R, we are directly addressing lifestyle patterns of dependent women and the impact on their children.
- Intern Learning Lab provides a structured learning environment for masters level social work students, allowing them the opportunity to experience real life cases and build their skill-set.
Call To Start services: (910) 630-0106
Resources and Phone Numbers
Links and Resources provided here are for additional information and support. The items by no means include all web links, tools and other resources available. If items should be added, please contact us with your recommendations (click on any topic to find out more):